C.A.S.IT. Inc. (Centro Attivita’ Scolastiche Italiane), in cooperation with the Office of the Education Director of the Italian Consulate and the Dante Alighieri Society of Cambridge is proud to sponsor its fourth Full Immersion Italian Summer Camp for students ages 4-10.
Dates: August 19, 2018 – August 23, 2019.
Times: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., with early drop-off and early/late pick-up options (see below)
Location: Dante Alighieri Society
41 Hampshire St, Cambridge, MA 02139
The camp is a great opportunity for students to be exposed early to a foreign language and get them excited about language learning. There are many benefits that learning a foreign language provides, from experiencing new cultures to gaining the skills needed to succeed in today’s world. The camp will be full of fun activities that will prove to be a blast for all children!
The Camp consists of two main modules with breaks for snacks and lunch as follows:
- First Module- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: morning meeting with songs or games. Following, children will branch off into groups that will consist of different themes (depending on a combination of language knowledge level and age) each taught and learned through
developmentally appropriate hands-on activities. This module will close with a song and/or review activities and say “ciao” to the friends that will leave before lunch. During the module there will be a break for snacks. Please provide your child with a individually labeled snack.
- Lunch- 12:00 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.: Please pack a lunch for your child and a bottle of water every day, please label both.
- Second Module- 12:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Depending on the day of the week, there will be outdoor and indoor activities including, cooking classes, walks to the library of the neighborhood, music, art, and more! These activities will be conducted both in Italian and English and camp instructors can provide additional Italian reading and writing support, if requested. The calendar of the daily activities will be made available to participants closer to the starting date.
During the modules there will be a break for snacks. Please provide your child with a snack individually labeled.
Please note this is a NUT-FREE camp.
The Italian Camp program is limited in space. Enrollment is on a first come,
first serve basis.
Time and Cost:
- Full Time Program (9:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m.) – – $350.00 per week per child, plus $25 registration fee.
We offer convenient Early Drop-off (8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.) and Late Pick-up (3:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.) options at an additional charge of $10 per hour per child. These options can be requested at the time of the enrollment or arranged as needed at the time of the program.
- On or before May 1: The camp dues will be reimbursed 100%, at the exception of $25 registration fee.
- May 1-May 15: C.A.S.IT will withhold $150 for enrollment dues and $25 registration fee
- May 15- May 30: C.A.S.IT will withhold $200 for enrollment dues and $25 registration fee
- June 1 and after: camp dues and registration fee will not be reimbursed
If you would like your child to participate, please enroll by filling-in the attached registration form to be mailed to: Rosalba Schino, 165 Tremont St., unit #304, Boston, MA 02111.
You may mail a check for the camp dues along with the registration form. A non- refundable registration fee of $25 will apply as part of the enrollment process.
Prof.ssa Maria Gioconda Motta (C.A.S.IT., Inc.Education Director), 617-
Rosalba Schino (C.A.S.IT., Inc. Camp Coordinator), 617-803-1808